Tagged: Blank PDF
May 21, 2019 at 2:03 pm #21450
I backed up and restored my CPANEL to a new hosting server, and now I only get blank PDF’s. I have tried the following:
1. Deleting Pro2PDF and reinstalling
2. Deleting and reimporting json files
3. Having issue with both PDF forms that were previously working
4. Files were created in Adobe Acrobat DC originally. They are still working on the original server.
5. Tried updating WordPress to 5.2, and tested on PHP 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1
Nothing I have done has helped. Any Ideas?May 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm #21451
I also tried creating a new field map (only selecting 2 fields) using one of the PDF’s that were previously working. When I export one of the fields has these characters in it.
ⴰ㔭ㄳMay 21, 2019 at 2:11 pm #21452
It’s possible that the Formidable Form database structure changed, as that is the only prior experience we can recall which sound similar to yours.
Take a look at the Formidable Form ENTRIES and see if the data shows up in the dashboard. If not, then the data need to be exported from the old and imported to the new.
If the data can be seen, then we would need to check out the installation to find the issue, you could use this form to send us the credentials or the PRO2PDF Template of the field map layout so we may begin to troubleshoot. Use the plugin’s TEMPLATES tab to export the file.
We remain at your service.May 21, 2019 at 2:13 pm #21453
Sounds like something is corrupt. Likely the PDF Forms. Use this form to send us credentials or files.
We remain at your service.May 21, 2019 at 2:17 pm #21454
Data is showing in the Entires in Formidable. I will upload the PDF and template file.May 21, 2019 at 2:20 pm #21457
I also created a new field map, and uploaded the original PDF that was on my computer that was created in 2017 when I first setup the form. I am having the same issues with that one as well.May 21, 2019 at 3:41 pm #21458
We tested the field map layout with no issues. So let’s troubleshoot your installation slowly by answering the following questions… or quickly by providing login credentials here.
1. Did you login to the plugin’s website here and disable the original URL, then enter the activation key into the new installation?
2. When creating a new field map layout, are all the PDF fields listed in the “PDF Form Field Name” dropdown field on the Field Map Layout screen?
3. From the EXPORT tab of the Field Map Layout, does the merge work if you select the Form, Dataset, and Field Map Layout then click EXPORT?
4. Provide a screenshot of the plugin’s “Under the Hood” tab using this form
We remain at your service.May 21, 2019 at 3:59 pm #21461
The site is not live, so I can’t provide login creds. Unless you can modify your hosts file to point the domain to an alternate IP. Then I can get you the login. But I don’t want to go live with the site until I can get this issue resolved. The Form is actively being used.
1. Yes, I even purchased a new license for the test website and loaded it, then activated the forms I am testing.
2. Yes, all the fields on the PDF show up in the pdf form field name drop down.
3. Yes, this is how I am testing. Using the export button is where the PDF displays blank
4. I just submitted the screen shot, and included the text.May 21, 2019 at 4:04 pm #21463
I also included a screen shot showing the random characters the field highlighted. This changes when I try to print different entries.May 21, 2019 at 4:14 pm #21464
Try changing the “Language support” setting on the Field Map Layout to “UNICODE”, save the field map layout and attempt a merge again, let us know the result.
If the above does not work, try changing the “Flatten PDF form” setting on the Field Map Layout to “YES”, save the field map layout and attempt a merge again, let us know the result.
If the above does not work, this may be an issue with your staging environment, as the PDFs are merged on our server and the service is somehow failing/corrupting during transmission. We would need to login and debug the processes and check server logs.
We remain at your service.May 21, 2019 at 4:29 pm #21465
Changing to Unicode, and changing flatten to yes didn’t help.
However I am seeing the signature fields coming through. But the second signature field is not being displayed on the correct field on the PDF. Could this be related to the signature add on?
I will try to find some time to go live with this tomorrow, and get you a login so you can debug.
Thanks again for your help!
DanMay 21, 2019 at 4:59 pm #21466
The image you sent shows the plugin is not activated. Notice the “Activation” message at the top of the plugin screens? We’re reasonably sure this is a issue regarding the staging server environment allowing some services while restricting or not accessing others.
Let us know when we can check the installation.
We remain at your service.May 22, 2019 at 8:40 am #21477
The site is now online. I will submit the login credentials and domain name via that form.
DanMay 22, 2019 at 9:44 am #21478
I sorted it out. I was able to get rid of that Activation message by installing MBString via WHM as described in the link below. Once MBStrin was installed, the activation message went away, and PDF’s are being created properly. I believe I am all set! Thanks for your help!May 22, 2019 at 9:45 am #21479
mbstring or iconv must be installed on the server for PRO2PDF to work. Have the sys admin install mbstring or iconv and all should work as expected.
We remain at your service.