February 25, 2019 at 7:21 am #20901
I do not understand at all, how to set up the PDF to create it correctly. Can you please direct me to specific, step-by-step instructions?
LindsayFebruary 25, 2019 at 8:03 am #20902
There are several ways to create the PDF, here’s our suggested method…
1) Use a PDF Form Creator/Editor, such as Adobe Acrobat, pdfescape.com, or the only PDF Form Creator/Editor plugin for WordPress – our new free plugin, E2Pdf.
2) Add/edit the fields and name them EXACTLY the same as the associated Formidable form field’s KEY (not the number ID). NOTE: This is case and space sensitive, use COPY/PASTE to be sure the fields are EXACT!
2b) For Radio fields: Name each of the PDF Radio Button Option Fields EXACTLY the same as the associated Formidable form field’s KEY (not the number ID), then change each of the PDF Radio Button Field’s EXPORT VALUE (also known as OPTION VALUE) to match the Formidable Form Field’s option value. See example with downloadable deme here.
2c) For Checkbox fields: If the checkbox option values are short (under 100ish characters), name each PDF Checkbox Option Field the same as the option value change each of the PDF Checkbox Option Field’s EXPORT VALUE (also known as OPTION VALUE) the same as the associated Formidable Form Checkbox option.
(Example, if four checkbox option values are: BLUE, GREEN, RED and YELLOW… then the field names and the field option values should be exactly the same, “BLUE”, “GREEN”, “RED” and “YELLOW”).
If the options are long sentences, then name the checkbox option fields 1,2,3,4… and set their EXPORT VALUES to be exactly the same as the associated Formidable Form Checkbox values.
2d) See here for Repeatable Sections.
3) From the PRO2PDF SETTINGS tab: CHECK “Enable automated layout creation for new field maps”.
4) From the PRO2PDF EXPORT tab: CLICK the “Upload a PDF file” to upload the PDF form.
5) From the “Select the form to export data from:” dropdown field – select the Formidable Form
6) From “Field Map to use:” dropdown field, select “New Field Map”
7) From “Name of Field Map (will be used as default filename):” text field, enter a name for your Field Map.
8) From “Select PDF file to work with:” dropdown field, select your PDF Form
9) From “Select Form to work with:” dropdown field – select the Formidable Form
10) Click “Create Field Map”
After the screen refreshes…
11) From the “Select the form to export data from:” dropdown field – select the Formidable Form
12) From “Field Map to use:” dropdown field, select your field map
13) After the screen refreshes, scroll to the bottom of field map layout and click “SAVE FIELD MAP”
14) Now you must correct the map for each checkbox field, scroll through the field map layout and you’ll see the checkbox field names are all mapped to the first Formidable Field, change them to the one associated Formidable Checkbox field and click the SAVE FIELD MAP button.
Let us know if you need further assistance and at which point you require more detail.
We remain at your service.