January 13, 2016 at 7:49 am #5554BekGuest
Hi guys! I was about to request a help to solve a problem of getting and empty pdf after export when I stumbled upon your answer to question “Does the plugin create PDF files?” That really confused me. What does the phrase “plugin populates pre-made PDF form fields with mapped data from Formidable” mean? Where and into what format pre-made PDF fields are populated to? Please let me know if I will be able to do following things using formidable forms, Acrobat and formidablepro2pdf:
– I have a PDF file inside of which I created several form fields
– I made identical formidable form
– I have filled out that formidable form with data
Will I be able to have that data laid on top of PDF document and save that file as pdf?January 13, 2016 at 5:49 pm #5591
Yes, you will be able to have the data laid on top (technically…populate pre-made PDF form fields with mapped data from Formidable).
Let us know if you need help mapping your Formidable Form to your PDF Form while we remain at your service.January 14, 2016 at 8:32 am #5642BekGuest
Thanks for a fast response! Here is what I’m having problems with. I will show you what steps I took:
1. I took a pdf document (new file.pdf) without fields and inserted several form fields , naming those fields similarly to fields on formidable form (frm_new_file)
2. I entered info into formidable form (frm_new_file) and saw in formidable admin page that entries are there
3. I launched formidablepro2, went to Field Map Designer, uploaded “new file.pdf” and named Field map “new_file_map”
4. I mapped All “web data field ID” with “pdf form field name” without any formatting, since all fileds are single line text and saved Field Map
5. I checked:
– Select the form to export data from:
– Select the dataset to export:
– Field Map to use:
6. I pressed “Export to PDF” and in a new browser tab “new file.pdf” opened without any data on it. When I press “Preview (PDF)” button, same output is shown.
What am I doing incorrectly?
Ideally once pdf opens in a new browser tab with all data in pdf fields, I would save it into a folder on my PC.
Thanks for your time!January 14, 2016 at 9:41 am #5643
It appears you have done everything correctly… If it is possible for us to login to your installation and check the issue please complete this form.
If login is not possible, then please email the PDF and a screen shot of the entire Field Map Layout with Form, Dataset, and Layout selected and include the mappings for further assistance to support AT formidablepro2pdf DOT com.
We remain at your service.January 14, 2016 at 11:46 am #5663
Thank you for the screenshots… Found it!
Remove the “.” (period) from the PDF Form filename, then reupload and change the PDF Form in the Field Map Layout.
Let us know if that fixes the issue as we remain at your service.January 15, 2016 at 10:57 am #5694BekGuest
Hi! Thanks for your time.
– Renamed pdf file, re-uploaded it, re-mapped fields
– When press “Export to PDF” in Firefox browser (Windows, Ubuntu OS’s) pdf opens in a new tab and no form fields are visible or clickable.
– When press “Export to PDF” in Chrome browser (Windows, Ubuntu OS’s) pdf opens in a new tab and form fields are visible, but no data is showing, but once I start click on each individual field inside pdf, I see data. Basically data is shown only on the field I click and becomes invisible again once I click on the different field.
– What do you think could be a problem?
I tried that on 2 separate computers using 2 different browsers (Firefox and Chrome). One PC has Ubuntu and other PC has Windows 10 installed.January 15, 2016 at 11:18 am #5695
This is not an issue we have seen before. Please email a copy of the PDF form to support AT formidablepro2pdf DOT com?January 15, 2016 at 11:24 am #5696
I received the screenshot, but need to check the actual PDF form. Please provide the PDF.January 15, 2016 at 11:40 am #5697BekGuest
emailed you guys screen shots.
BekJanuary 15, 2016 at 12:10 pm #5698BekGuest
File e-mailed. I played around with different files, but the output is the same for Firefox and for Chrome.
Thanks!January 15, 2016 at 12:11 pm #5699
We got the screenshot, but need we need to check the actual PDF form. Please provide the PDF.
Sounds like there may be duplicate fields sitting on top of the mapped fields, which could happen in Adobe Acrobat if you select all fields then move while Ctrl is depressed.January 15, 2016 at 12:56 pm #5701BekGuest
Hi. I did that pdf form myself from scratch: scanning it first and then making each individual field. I did not even let Adobe make those fields automatically. Here is a think that might give you a clue. In many tries that I had, I matched HTML field (Just name of our company in “b” tags) with one of the single line text fields on pdf and info on that HTML appeared on pdf without any problem.January 15, 2016 at 3:19 pm #5702
Hi, thank you for your patients and for submitting this issue on the support forum, as this is an issue we have not seen before…
The font type you used “Kozuka Mincho Pr6N R” is not happy with being used in a PDF form, I’ve changed the font to many other types and all works as expected… (other issues with this font are found on Adobe’s site…)
SOLUTION: Change the PDF form field fonts to nearly anything else…
When updating the PDF form simply edit the PDF on your computer and upload the PDF using the Field Map Layout screen, the plugin overwrites any PDF with the same name and there is no need to remap the fields*.
*Even if you change the PDF name, there is no need to remap the fields, simply select the Form and Field Map Layout from the top dropdowns and change the PDF Form dropdown to the newly named form. The plugin will recognize the field names and map to the new PDF filename.
We remain at your service.January 15, 2016 at 6:45 pm #5704BekGuest
Wow! It worked! Thank you very much guys for patience with the issue that I had! You are awesome! I’m definitely buying unlimited forms for 1 site yearly plan after this weekend! You guys made my day!January 15, 2016 at 7:00 pm #5705
Completely confused about purpose of your plugin.
- This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 1 month ago by .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)