August 14, 2015 at 9:27 am #1279
I’m thinking of using your plugin for 2 clients (will need the pro version). I’ve downloaded the free version (1 site 1 form) to test things out. Here are some questions:
1) The PDF forms that i upload to get the Field Map Designer working, do they have to be PDF files that already have fillable fields created in them? I uploaded a plain PDF file (no fillable fields) and in Field Map Designer section, it doesn’t actually show the form in preview box with red highlight (only a textbox for me to enter a form field name). But when I do upload PDF with fillable fields (using pdfescape.com), I am then able to see form preview/red box and match it with desired field data ID.
2) When i uploaded the pdf with fillable fields, the dropdowns for PDF Form Field Name are all “untitled1”, “untitled2” etc etc. In the youtube installation video, I see that this dropdown already has corresponding field names, like “name”, “address” and so on. How do I get these field names to go together with fillable area?
3) After the 1 year of licensing, will the plugin still work? Basically if it will still work but we won’t receive support/updates anymore. Or will it simply stop working after 1 year if no renewal?
4) In the Pro version, we can set it up so that when form is submitted, this new (filled out) PDF will automatically be sent to desired email?
Sorry for the questions. Thanks for your time.
LouisAugust 14, 2015 at 12:48 pm #1280
1. Yes, the PDF file must already have the fillable fields.
2. Add field names to the PDF fields when creating the PDF file before uploading to the plugin.
3. After an admin screen pre-warning 15 days before the end of the year the plugin will stop working if the license is not renewed. We expect to offer automatic renewals soon.
4. Yes, the completed PDF can be emailed by using the Formidable Form email option.
5. Thank you for your questions, they will help other users too. Feel free to ask as many as you want.